Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My 12 week journey begins...

I'm creating this blog as both a journal and as a progress tracker for my 12 weeks under the "Body By Science" protocol which was developed by Dr. Doug McGuff and John Little and is outlined in the book with the same name.

Each week I will post my workout stats to include: weight used, time under load, and movements involved. In addition to my workouts I will also document and post my diet, which will consist of a "Primal Blueprint" nutrition plan as outlined in the book of the same title by Mark Sisson. On recovery days my diet will be low in carbohydrates, and following my weekly workout it will be high in carbohydrates (particularly sweet potatoes and bananas). 

My first workout will be in roughly 18 hours. I will take pictures of my physique and post my body composition stats as well. Throughout the experiment, I will use the same body fat calculator and scale combo for consistency.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, I'll be checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jay! It's nice to know that someone will read these, so I'll be motivated to continue to update!

    ReplyDelete